You can easily add different kinds of content to a Page including text, links, embedded media such as YouTube videos, and images. This format is ideal for building your content with a mix of media types that you would like to display in a page rather than including as a separate document.
One of the benefits of using Page is, it does not require any knowledge of HTML or programming. The process to create a page is very similar to creating a document using word processing software. Several common editing and formatting options are available.
How to add a page
- Click on Turn editing on button in the top right part of the course home page.
- Click the Add an activity or resource link in the course section where you want the web page to be listed.
- Select Page from the pop-up (also listed under Resources tab), and then click Add.
- The Adding a New Page page appears.
- Click Expand all to expand each of the sections and reveal the options.
- Enter page title in the Name field, which will appear as a link on the course main page. Students can access the page from this link.
- Enter the content of the web page in Page content text editor.
Common Module Settings
Select Hide from the Visible drop-down list if you want to hide this activity from students. This option allows instructors to control when a resource is available to students.
Restrict access options allow you to set restrictions on an activity or resource by date & time, or by conditions related to previous activities. Refer to restricting access
When enabled, completion tracking allows resources and activities to be marked as "completed" manually or when certain conditions have been met to help students manage their workloads. Refer to the Using Activity Completion Tracking
Don't forget to click Save and display to view the page!