Manage forum notifications
Adjust how you want to receive notifications from forums
Manage Forum Settings in Your eClass Profile
There are a few settings in your eClass profile that allow you to control certain behaviours of forum post notifications. To access the Forum preferences:
- Click on your name at the top right of the browser window. Then click Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- In the User account column, choose Forum preferences
- We suggest the following settings for Forum preferences
Email digest type: When No digest option is selected, you can have email messages sent each time a post (or reply) is added to forums to which you subscribe. Alternatively, you may choose to receive all emails from Moodle in one daily digest message, either with the complete message(s) or just the subject titles from forums you subscribe to.
Forum auto-subscribe: By selecting "yes", you are automatically subscribed to any forum to which you post a message. This means that you receive email copies of all messages for these forums. You may unsubscribe from forums whenever you want.
Forum tracking: When "yes" is selected, this highlights unread forum messages, so you can quickly see what’s new.
Subscribing/Unsubscribing to Forums
eClass has a subscription feature that sends post notifications to the e-mail address you have specified in your eClass profile every time discussion occurs in any forum you are subscribed to.
I want to subscribe /unsubscribe from a specific forum:
- From your course homepage, choose the forum you wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to/from.
- Click the gear icon . Then choose Unsubscribe from this forum to stop receiving e-mail notifications from the forum.
Tell us how we can make this article better for you?