Migrating your videos from Techsmith Relay to Panopto is a two-step process, first you need to download your videos from Techsmith Relay, then you need to upload the videos to Panopto. Please see below for step-by-step instructions on complete the migration process.
Download your videos from Techsmith Relay
- Log into your Techsmith Relay library: https://camtasia.uit.yorku.ca/
- Click on the Presentations tab
- Select Presentation list from the drop-down menu
- Click View in front of MP4 with Smart Player (720p) for the video you wish to download
- Play the video
- While the video is playing, right-click anywhere on the video and select Save video as... from the drop-down menu
- Save the video to your computer.
Upload videos to Panopto
First things first, you will need to add the Panopto block to your course to get started. Please follow instructions below on how to do so:
- Go to your course on eClass, and click Turn editing on near the top right corner.
- Click the Add a block near the bottom left corner, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select Panopto from the list of blocks, as shown in the screenshot below.
- You should now be able to see the Panopto Block near the right side of your eClass course. It should look like the screenshot below.
- Click on Course settings and you will be redirected to your Panopto portal where you will get to manage your recordings, your course(s) folders, uploading and downloading recordings, etc... Your Panopto portal will look like this.
After you have opened your Panopto portal, please see instructions below on how to upload your recordings to your classes' folders.
- In order to select the course folder you wish to upload videos to, please click Browse then select the course folder that you are interested in, as shown below.
- Once you are in the course folder, click Create, then select Upload media, as shown below.
- As prompted in the screenshot below, drag video or audio files here (or click to find on your computer).
- Once you drag a video or audio file in this box (or find it on your computer), the video will start uploading and you will be able to track the upload progress, as shown below. (you may upload multiple files at the same time)
- Please wait for the upload to finish before you close the window. If you wish to stop the upload of a recording, you can either click the X sign next to the recording (to stop only one recording upload), you may also click the stop button near the top right of the window to stop all recordings in progress, or lastly, you can click the X button on the top right corner of the window to close the upload window (and abandon all in-progress uploads). Please see screenshot below for demonstration.