Why can't students see feedback I've given them on an assignment?
There may be a number of reasons why students are unable to view their feedback on an assignment. Follow the steps below to ensure the feedback files are available for students' viewing:
- Ensure the assignment is available to students - if an assignment is hidden, then students are not able to see their grade or feedback. Assignment availability is set through "Availability" field on the assignment settings page.
- Ensure a grade is provided for the assignment - if the assignment is not graded and only feedback file has been uploaded, eClass considers the assignment as not graded and will not allow students to access the feedback file.
- Ensure the grade for the assignment is visible to student, refer to how to hide/display grades from student for more information.
- If this is a Turnitin assignment, ensure the post date has been past. For Turnitin Assignments grades/feedback files are only available to student after the "Post Date". For more information, refer to How to Create a Turnitin Assignment.
- If you are using marking workflow, ensure that the grades are released.
- Ensure the feedback file has been uploaded - when viewing all submissions, there is a "Feedback files" column which would have the feedback file you have provided.
- Ensure students are looking in the right location. Students need to follow the steps below to access their feedback file:
- On the left navigation, click on "Grades"
- Click on the assignment name - feedback will not be available on Grades page
- Scroll down to Feedback section and click on the feedback file
- If all the above settings are correct and students are still unable to access their feedback file, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Tell us how we can make this article better for you?