The Menu/Tab course format provides a visual, organized display of your course content.
To enable Menu/Tab format in your course
- While on your main course page turn Edit mode on located in the upper right corner
- Click on Settings in the top row
- Scroll down to the Course format section and expand to view the options. Select Menu/Tab from the dropdown menu. Your browser will refresh and you will have options for the format.
- Number of columns: Your current course Topics or Weeks will become grid items, this option allows you to select how many grid items, or columns, you want per row. The default is 3.
- Top section collapsed: Section 0 or General becomes accordion content. This option either has the content closed or open when you enter the course.
How to set up your course content to work with the Menu/Tab format
Turn Edit mode on
You will notice that when you enter your course there is no content available except the 'Start' accordion.
- Toggle the Edit mode button located in the top right corner.
- Add your course materials by clicking on one of the sections.
- Ensure Edit mode is enabled, for one of the sections click the vertical 3 dots
- Select Edit section
- You can change the section name, add a summary/description, insert an image.
- Scroll down and click Save changes.
Adding content to the course